Does your skin suffer from fine lines and wrinkles? Could it use a boost? Retinol formulas can help!
Here’s how retinol works to make your skin healthier and more youthful.
1. Skin Rejuvenates This vitamin A derivative helps your skin produce collagen, which we all have in our skin, but lose as we grow older. Collagen is what gives skin its youthful, full appearance. Product Pick: Theraderma Vitanol A Serum – Softens and smoothes while helping to improve skin firmness. Retinol and Ascorbic Acid are potent stabilized anti-aging vitamins that are very effective in helping to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, sun damage, and large pores. Scented with pure essential oils.
2. Stimulates New Cell Growth Exfoliation is crucial for youthful-looking, healthy skin. Removing dead skin cells allows fresh cells to come through and makes your complexion look smoother. Exfoliation also helps skin absorb potent ingredients – with a pile of dead skin cells on your face, not only does your complexion look dull, but products can’t penetrate this top layer to work effectively. Product Pick: PCA Skin Retinol Renewal – The RestorAtive Complex is a combination of stabilized retinol (vitamin A), phyto-retinol, vigna aconitifolia seed extract. This potent blend increases cellular turnover and stimulates the production of collagen.
3. Addresses Acne Retinol’s exfoliating benefits are of great use in fighting acne, clearing away dead skin cells that clog pores and contribute to breakouts. Product Pick: Osmosis Renew Serum – While lightly exfoliating and hydrating, it protects the skin from UV rays, normalizes oil, clears acne, reduces fine lines, and shrinks pores.
4. Improve skin texture: Retinol can inmprove skin texture by reducing fine lines, wrinkles and even discoloration, resulting in younger-looking, even-textured skin. Product Pick: Environs AVST 3 - Contains a moderately high levels of vitamin A, C and antioxidants. AVST 3 is enriched with a peptide, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 (Matrixyl®). This unique emulsion assists in rebalancing and moisturizing the skin. Rejuvenates uneven skin tone and sun-damaged skin. Gives the skin a healthy and radiant glow.
5. More Gentle Than Retinoids Retinoids, only available by prescription, are more irritating to the skin then retinol, with potential side effects like peeling and redness. Some people simply can’t tolerate them. But retinol is ideal for anyone with sensitive or easily irritated skin. Product Pick: Circadia Vitamin A Boosting Cream – Contains 1% retinol to diminish the appearance of sun damage, rough skin texture, fine lines and uneven skin tone.